Buy LePage® adhesives and sealants in April and help Habitat for Humanity Canada
April 01, 2011 @ 11:00AM
Montreal, Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver – LePage is issuing a challenge to Canadian homeowners, ‘do-it-yourselfers’ and contractors: Choose a LePage® adhesive or sealant in April, and LePage will donate green and sustainable products to Habitat for Humanity homes across Canada.
“Our LePage® GreenSeries™ sealants and adhesives deliver effective performance, are durable and sustainable,” said Michael Terhardt, Director of Marketing, LePage brand adhesives and sealants. “Buy them in April, and you’ll be supporting a cherished Canadian institution. Plus our products help improve indoor air quality, so you’ll be helping lower income Canadians breathe easier,” said Marcelo Orchon, Sr. Brand Manager LePage.
CANADIANS’ ATTITUDES ON SUSTAINABILITY & INDOOR AIR QUALITY
To coincide with Help Habitat, LePage has surveyed thousands of Canadians about their thoughts – and purchasing behaviours – when it comes to green building products and healthy indoor air quality.
LEPAGE TOP TEN TIPS FOR A GREENER AND MORE SUSTAINABLE HOME
- Choose energy efficient appliances
- Ask for sustainable and green products such as those with low Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) specifically paints, construction adhesives, sealants and carpets
- Re-use where possible – Habitat for Humanity Canada has 58 ReStores across Canada (www.habitat.ca/restores) to promote the re-use of building materials, tools, and supplies
- Select building products derived from renewable or recycled resources
- Recycle and compost
- Seal any kind of gaps around the house where air can migrate into or out of the home – also important for air quality as air leaks are the number one source of mold and mildew
- Insulate your hot water heater with a cover or blanket
- Switch all household light bulbs to energy efficient LED lights or lower wattage bulbs
- Replace inefficient taps and showerheads to conserve water
- Use a programmable thermostat